The source maintainer should endevour to increase the utility of the
OGDI core source code for the sake of easier integration by 3i members,
and to encourage the more widespread use of OGDI technology.
The source maintainer has some freedom to pursue improvements to the
OGDI code without prior instruction of the OGDI Working Group if it makes
the code easier to utilize. This would include:
- Changes to make the code easier to build.
- Porting to different platforms, or build environments.
- Improving configuration options - for instance, making it possible for
some builders to substitute other zlib implementations, or to build in
- Preparing binary releases of libraries and/or tools for various platforms.
- Preparing automated test suites.
- Performing testing.
- Providing some level of unofficial support to users and developers.
- Low key promotion of OGDI in technical forums (such as newgroups like
comp.infosystems.gis, or mailing lists like gistrans).